Uncle Al's Miniature College of Racing Rules Knowledge
Good, well organized resource. Check out particularly the Rules for Beginners, Rules Quiz, Rules in Pictures and Cases in Pictures.
UK Sailmakers On-line Race Rules Quiz
Pur UK's on-line quizes in motion, then check your answer with theirs.
2009-2012 Racing Rules of Sailing
On-line access to the Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012.
Racing Rules for Kids and Small Boat Tacticians
By Hugh Elliot, US Sailing Certified Judge
1. Don't hit other boats. Collisions are slow and arguments are slower.
2. Keep out of the way of boats in front of you.
3. Port tack boats usually have to stay out of the way of everyone else.
4. Windward boats must stay away from leeward boats.
5. The inside boat gets to go round the mark first.
6. Don't hit marks. Doing circles is slow.
7. Don't hit the committee boat. First, it is a mark (see Rule 6) and second, it really makes them mad.
8. Nothing good ever happens on a layline.
9. The port tack layline is a very ugly place.
10. Control your own destiny: stay out of the Protest Room. Protest Committees are uncontrollable: with a 100% solid case, you have a 50% chance of being DSQ.
Significant rule changes for 2009-2012
We will be listing the significant rule changes for 2009-2012 here soon.